LESC at COP25 Dinner: Circular Economy: Driving Systems Transformation to Net-Zero
The aim of this high-level dinner dialogue is to promote dialogue between business, government, and academia on what it means to realize a circular economy to various sectors and what are the key solutions to getting to net zero emissions across all sectors by mid-century.
- To send a strong collective signal of the urgency for post-2020 action to deliver the objectives of the Paris Agreement.
- To highlight the potential solutions in the power, transport, buildings and industrial sectors to achieve zero emissions processes.
- To provide an interactive dialogue and exchange for business, government and academia, to share action, innovations, challenges and lessons that can accelerate progress toward net zero.
- To highlight the role of a systems approach and the opportunities for sector coupling and public private partnerships
- 09 Dec 6:30PMArrival of guests and welcome cocktail
- 09 Dec 7:30PMOpening remarks by LESC Partners
- 09 Dec 7:40PMOpening Keynote: Driving Ambition to Net Zero
- 09 Dec 7:55PMIce-Breaker Dialogue 1: What does the circular economy mean in the power, buildings, transport and industrial sectors?
- 09 Dec 8:15PMTable Talks
- 09 Dec 9:10PMIce-breaker Dialogue 2: Taking a systems approach to mitigate emissions - how can sectors work together?
- 09 Dec 9:30PMTable Talks
- 09 Dec 10:00PMClosing Keynote
- 09 Dec 10:10PMFinal Remarks
- 09 Dec 10:15PMNetworking Dialogue