LESC at COP24 Dinner: High-Level Dinner Dialogue
The aim is of this event is to promote dialogue between business, government and academia on the role of land-use and natural climate solutions (NCS) as an essential component of climate action and bring continuity from the LESC event at GCAS which focused on the Land-Energy Nexus, as well as the Polish COP Presidency priorities. Over dinner, esteemed colleages and experts will engage in an open discussion about the transition to a low-carbon future. With only a few keynote remarks, this dinner will work to achieve the following objectives.
- To send a strong collective signal of the urgency for post-2020 action to deliver the objectives of the Paris Agreement.
- To highlight the role of land-use and natural climate solutions (NCS) as an essential component of climate action and the role of public and private sector collaboration in unlocking this opportunity.
- To provide an interactive dialogue and exchange for business, government and academia, to share action, innovations, challenges and lessons to increased action in land-based interventions to address the climate challenge.
- To discuss the enabling policies and conditions that support companies to deliver natural climate solutions faster and at scale/ or as part of a corporate strategy.
- 11 Dec 5:30PMGuest arrival and cocktail hour
- 11 Dec 6:30PMOpening Remarks
- 11 Dec 6:40PMWelcome Keynotes and Setting the Scene
- 11 Dec 7:00PMIce-breaker Dialogue 1: Key Pathways to 1.5°C: The role of the land sector in ambitious climate action
- 11 Dec 7:30PMTable Talks
- 11 Dec 8:10PMCity Stories on “Nature in the Urban Century ”
- 11 Dec 8:20PMScreening of WBCSD’s award-winning video “The Natural Solution”
- 11 Dec 8:25PMIce-Breaker Dialogue-2: Scaling Up Natural Climate Solutions
- 11 Dec 9:00PMTable Talks
- 11 Dec 9:20PMFinance and Innovation: The NCS opportunity
- 11 Dec 9:30PMClosing Keynote
- 11 Dec 9:40PMFinal Remarks